jack no puzzle . . . .
Ten small jelly puzzles, using only four jellies of two colors (and some black jellies) to explore variety and simplicity in constrained puzzle design.
- left/right click on a jelly to move it left/right.
- Alternatively you can use wasd and the arrow keys to control a cursor - use x or space to select the jelly under the cursor and drag it left or right.
- z or middle click to undo
- r to reset
If you haven't played Jelly no Puzzle before, here is a quick overview of the rules:
- You can slide the colored 'jellies' left or right. Jellies will fall due to gravity.
- When jellies of the same color are resting adjacent to each other, they will merge. The goal is to merge all jellies of the same color together.
- Black jellies cannot be merged, and do not need to be merged to complete a level.
- Jellies can be fixed to a wall, so that they cannot be moved.
- Jellies can be hidden in the border of a wall, indicated by a colored line on the wall. Moving a matching jelly next to the wall will push the matching jelly away from the wall and reveal the hidden jelly in its place; the jellies are merged in the process.
I assumed the player was familiar with the original when I designed these levels, so the levels themselves don't teach you the rules at a steady pace. But, it shouldn't be too much of a challenge to pick them up as you play.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.